Charitable Registration No.: 88312 8308 RR0001
© Ottawa Therapy Dogs, 2002-2017
Where do donated dollars go?
Ottawa Therapy Dogs is a small, not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization with an annual budget of $45,000. We rely on the continued generosity of our donors, who provide funding, services, and in-kind donations to help keep our organization viable, vital, and vibrant.
Where the money goes
• Program management, volunteer coordination and recruitment
• Liability insurance for therapy dog teams
• Education and evaluations
• Community outreach
• Team kits (scarves, badges, tags, etc.) and office expenses.
Meeting the demand
Many people are eager to join OTD. Our information sessions attract more than 50 participants, and we have a waiting list for follow-up orientation sessions.
More and more, facilities are requesting the services of OTD dog therapy teams. In addition to the 40 facilities regularly visited by OTD, there is a waiting list of 30 facilities requesting team visits.
In short, we’re growing.
None of these is possible without stable funding and support.
Plans for the future
We’re excited about OTD’s potential to provide compassionate, essential therapy dog services for people who need us. Here are some ideas we’re working on:
• Collaborating with a local health care organization to offer therapy dog appointments for youth and adults in crisis
• Expanding a pilot program at Carleton University to a regular mental health program offered at stressful times in the academic year to local
• Working with professional health care and educational professional organizations to develop animal assisted therapeutic strategies and
programs (recreation, speech and physiotherapists)
• Developing a program for prison inmates
• Working with first responders to help victims of trauma and violence
OTD is a charitable organization. We issue tax receipts for all donations over $20.
Ready to know more about donating to the good work of OTD?