Charitable Registration No.: 88312 8308 RR0001
© Ottawa Therapy Dogs, 2002-2013
Applying to Ottawa Therapy Dogs
To qualify to be an OTD therapy team, you need to have your dog evaluated by following these steps:
1. Submit a completed membership application form.
2. Attend a one-hour OTD information session [link to information session info] where we’ll talk about therapy team requirements, discuss opportunities for volunteering, and answer your questions.
3. Attend an OTD orientation session What to expect at OTD orientation, where you’ll learn about potential placements, advocacy for your dog, and liability.
4. If, after these first three steps, you want to have your dog evaluated, you will be asked for a $25 evaluation fee at the end of the orientation session.
How the evaluation process works, and what’s expected of your dog, is here in our Evaluation Checklist.
Two important notes:
1. Please bring a copy of your dog’s current rabies certificate to the evaluation session.
2. You will be asked for a membership fee of $40 following the successful evaluation.
We are always happy to hear from potential new members.
If you want to find out more about upcoming information and orientation sessions, contact our OTD Administrator.